- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Tuesday 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Tuesday 11:29 AM
YouTube right now! Gilbert Gottfried reads “50 Shades of Grey”
How do you turn an erotic novel into a turnoff? This stand-up comedian does the trick.
In YouTube Right Now, the Daily Dot looks at videos that catch our eyes, push our buttons, and move our dials—and that you’ve just got to watch. Right now!
Nothing says “arousing” like the loud, grating voice of Gilbert Gottfried.
College Humor’s latest video shows that the medium of delivery can be just as important as the message. In “50 Shades of Grey the Audiobook, read by Gilbert Gottfried,” the stand-up comedian reads aloud from racy New York Times bestseller, 50 Shades of Grey.
If you thought Ellen DeGeneres’ take on the book was its least sexy rendition, you’re in for a surprise.
Based on the choice lines of erotica Gottfried shares, it isn’t just his creaking voice that makes this video offensive. “… Front wall of my vagina?” “…my nipples pucker?” Can’t imagine those are familiar sensations for any woman.
Hear that noise? That was the sound of women around the country suddenly losing their libido.
Photo via College Humor
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.