- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus 8 Years Ago
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating 8 Years Ago
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
YouTube right now! Gilbert Gottfried reads “50 Shades of Grey”
How do you turn an erotic novel into a turnoff? This stand-up comedian does the trick.
In YouTube Right Now, the Daily Dot looks at videos that catch our eyes, push our buttons, and move our dials—and that you’ve just got to watch. Right now!
Nothing says “arousing” like the loud, grating voice of Gilbert Gottfried.
College Humor’s latest video shows that the medium of delivery can be just as important as the message. In “50 Shades of Grey the Audiobook, read by Gilbert Gottfried,” the stand-up comedian reads aloud from racy New York Times bestseller, 50 Shades of Grey.
If you thought Ellen DeGeneres’ take on the book was its least sexy rendition, you’re in for a surprise.
Based on the choice lines of erotica Gottfried shares, it isn’t just his creaking voice that makes this video offensive. “… Front wall of my vagina?” “…my nipples pucker?” Can’t imagine those are familiar sensations for any woman.
Hear that noise? That was the sound of women around the country suddenly losing their libido.
Photo via College Humor
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.