- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
This GIF résumé will make you feel bad about your paper one
Designer Ivan Delgado hopes his GIF résumé lands him the gig of a lifetime.
Not only has designer Ivan Delgado dressed up his résumé for the job he wants, he’s turned it into a work of art.
Delgado is from Buenos Aires and has worked with creative agencies in Argentina. He recently did work for the LatinSpots advertising festival ‘El Ojo de Iberoamérica’ as a content creator and social media manager.
Delgado isn’t the first job seeker to give his resume a needed facelift. In 2011 marketer Matthew Epstein tried to woo Google with a clever YouTube video, a fake mustache, and a glass of scotch. It didn’t work. In 2012 graphic designer David Mas set up a dedicated Instagram account, @esto_es_un_curriculum, to show off his logos, animations, and prints. That same year Vanessa Hodja accidentally attached a photo of actor Nicolas Cage to her email in lieu of a résumé.
It’s unclear what luck Mas and Hodja expereicned with their unique résumés. Just in case Delgado’s GIF résumé is too over the top, he does have a traditional one employers can see on Behance.
Images by Ivan Delgado
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.