- Hailey Bieber denies shading Selena Gomez with ‘I’ll Kill You’ Instagram post Wednesday 7:46 PM
- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Wednesday 2:07 PM
The Morning GIF: Jon Hamm air-humps Justin Bieber on “SNL”
Here’s the most awkward excerpt from Saturday Night Live‘s star-studded 100th digital short.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s hard to top a legend, but this week’s 100th digital short on Saturday Night Live did just that, on more levels than one feels comfortable admitting.
In three and a half minutes, the show referenced all of the top hits and most of the also-rans from The Lonely Island—Andy Samberg and partners Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer. Cameos included Natalie Portman reprising her potty-mouth rap, Justin Timberlake with his dick, in a box, Michael Bolton still pining for Jack Sparrow, and Julian Casablancas still boom-boxing away.
Oh, and Canadian pop sensation Justin Bieber getting air-humped by Mad Men star Jon Hamm.
Since rumor has it this is Samberg’s last season on the show, the cast had to make it one for the memory books (or is that one for the YouTube favorites?), and the show certainly succeeded. This one may be known to trivia mavens as the 100th digital short, but for the rest of us, it’s probably going down in history as the “We’re Going to Suck Our Own Dicks” number. (Watch the video linked above to see why.)
Doesn’t Justin look thrilled? The 7981 rebloggers and likers on the Beaver Paralyzer Tumblr certainly are.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.