- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair 5 Years Ago
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
‘Ghostbusters’ turns 30 with an infographic and a return to the big screen
Who you gonna call? The film’s legions of fans.
It might be time to grab your Twinkies and cross the streams again.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost 30 years since the asskickers of Ghostbusters first made their way into theaters, but thanks to Sony Pictures, fans will get the chance to see it again (or for the first time) with the re-release of the film to more than 700 theaters on Aug. 29.
There’s plenty of other promotional events in the works around the time the 30th anniversary hits, including new merchandise and a Blu-ray set with deleted scenes.
Even though Ghostbusters seemed like an impossible movie to make at the time, it was more successful than anyone could’ve ever imagined, and Mike Seiders has illustrated all the different pieces that came together to make it happen in one handy infographic.
While an original Ghostbusters movie hasn’t been in theaters since 1989, the fans’ love for the movie hasn’t died down at all; a Ghostbusters art gallery attracted visitors as recently as April.
Talks of a possible Ghostbusters III have been in the works for years. Harold Ramis, who starred in the original movie, had been working on an early draft for the movie before his death earlier this year.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.