- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Tomboyish noble Arya Stark and Maisie Williams, the British teen actress who plays her in the breakout hit Game of Thrones, have been everywhere recently: escaping death, learning swordplay, exacting vengeance, taking the Cinnamon Challenge.
And now, Hammer dancing.
Hammer pants are a notoriously tricky garment to pull off, making most wearers look like stumpy, balloon-thighed disco gnomes from a previous century. Here, however, brazenly flashing her pants’ Hammer-ness, Williams shows that, with the right attitude, any garment—even jersey Hammer pants—can be rendered cool. It’s the insouciant petticoat wave toward the end that really makes this GIF and the look.
Journalist Brian Van uploaded the GIF to Tumblr, where it has received a scant five notes.
In related news, the 14-year-old Williams already dances better than you. Please note that you cannot, in fact, touch this (at least until she’s 18).
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.