- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter 8 Years Ago
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover 8 Years Ago
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca 8 Years Ago
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails 8 Years Ago
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live 8 Years Ago
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme 8 Years Ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Gentefied’ is actually made for people of color Today 9:28 AM
- Drug dealer loses $60 million after misplacing his Bitcoin code Today 9:18 AM
- TSA bans employees from using TikTok Today 9:09 AM
- PewDiePie rips Jake Paul, calls his money-making venture ‘complete bullsh*t’ Today 9:05 AM
- Can a lawsuit in Illinois stop a dangerous new facial recognition app? Today 6:30 AM
- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Tomboyish noble Arya Stark and Maisie Williams, the British teen actress who plays her in the breakout hit Game of Thrones, have been everywhere recently: escaping death, learning swordplay, exacting vengeance, taking the Cinnamon Challenge.
And now, Hammer dancing.
Hammer pants are a notoriously tricky garment to pull off, making most wearers look like stumpy, balloon-thighed disco gnomes from a previous century. Here, however, brazenly flashing her pants’ Hammer-ness, Williams shows that, with the right attitude, any garment—even jersey Hammer pants—can be rendered cool. It’s the insouciant petticoat wave toward the end that really makes this GIF and the look.
Journalist Brian Van uploaded the GIF to Tumblr, where it has received a scant five notes.
In related news, the 14-year-old Williams already dances better than you. Please note that you cannot, in fact, touch this (at least until she’s 18).
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.