- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
A bar full of ‘Game of Thrones’ fans react to the show’s latest twist
Shouldn’t you be expecting this kind of thing?
Warning: Spoilers ahead!
The award-winning HBO fantasy series is notorious for its twists, in which anything can happen and no-one is safe. However, the books the series is based on are currently ahead of events in the show (though perhaps not for long!), meaning book readers still know more-or-less what is to come.
For more mischievous Game of Thrones fans, this presents the perfect opportunity to capture some killer reaction videos. The Internet exploded with them after Season 3’s infamous “Red Wedding” scene; now, a Chicago bar has decided to take it to a whole new level.
Every Sunday, The Burlington Bar invites fans to come and watch the latest episode live, whilst they record their reactions and subsequently post them online. And last week’s episode—”The Mountain and the Viper”—produced some pretty fantastic reactions, as Oberyn Martell duelled Gregor Clegane to decide Tyrion’s fate.
Watch it all below, and jump to the 2:35 mark for the exact moment the watchers’ jubilation turns to horror, when they realize this isn’t going to be a happy ending for Oberyn.
Game of Thrones, never change.
Screengrab via Game of Thrones/HBO
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.