- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
A bar full of ‘Game of Thrones’ fans react to the show’s latest twist
Shouldn’t you be expecting this kind of thing?
Warning: Spoilers ahead!
The award-winning HBO fantasy series is notorious for its twists, in which anything can happen and no-one is safe. However, the books the series is based on are currently ahead of events in the show (though perhaps not for long!), meaning book readers still know more-or-less what is to come.
For more mischievous Game of Thrones fans, this presents the perfect opportunity to capture some killer reaction videos. The Internet exploded with them after Season 3’s infamous “Red Wedding” scene; now, a Chicago bar has decided to take it to a whole new level.
Every Sunday, The Burlington Bar invites fans to come and watch the latest episode live, whilst they record their reactions and subsequently post them online. And last week’s episode—”The Mountain and the Viper”—produced some pretty fantastic reactions, as Oberyn Martell duelled Gregor Clegane to decide Tyrion’s fate.
Watch it all below, and jump to the 2:35 mark for the exact moment the watchers’ jubilation turns to horror, when they realize this isn’t going to be a happy ending for Oberyn.
Game of Thrones, never change.
Screengrab via Game of Thrones/HBO
Rob Price is a technology and politics reporter who served as the U.K.-based morning editor for the Daily Dot until 2014. He now works as the news editor for Business Insider, and his work has appeared in Vice, Slate, the Washington Post, and the Independent.