- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free 2 Years Ago
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
We just hit the lotto with this new release.
Earlier this summer, Exo slayed with double title tracks “Lucky One” and “Monster.” Now the nine-member boy band is back for more with the follow up track “Lotto.”
True to the casino theme, the video opens with an iconic “cha-ching!” of a slot machine, all nine members looking their bad boy best. There’s money, champagne, and questionable activity galore, and it’s every fan’s dream come true.
For this comeback, Exo takes a different direction with the music, implementing some hip-hop and trap elements. The beat is undeniably sexy, and you can’t help but sway along—shoulders, body rolls, and all. There’s a heavy Auto-Tune presence—an unusual trait for Exo—but the notorious whiny vocal effect it produces contributes to the vibe of the track overall.
LDN Noise, the songwriting and producing team behind Exo’s new song, told Fuse earlier this week that “Lotto” would be completely different than anything Exo had done before. Telling the fans to “expect the unexpected” was not an exaggeration.
The new track isn’t anything like the boys’ earlier summer hits, “Monster” and “Lucky One,” but it complements the two tracks well. In fact, in analyzing the storyline of the music, it appears that “Lotto” could be the prequel to the events in “Monster.”
“Lotto” is the first track of the album repackage, which follows Exo’s third full-length album Ex’act. The repackage includes all the original songs from Ex’act plus four new ones, “Lotto” among them. Also among them is “She’s Dreaming,” which marks the lyrics-writing debut of member Chen.
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.