- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
We just hit the lotto with this new release.
Earlier this summer, Exo slayed with double title tracks “Lucky One” and “Monster.” Now the nine-member boy band is back for more with the follow up track “Lotto.”
True to the casino theme, the video opens with an iconic “cha-ching!” of a slot machine, all nine members looking their bad boy best. There’s money, champagne, and questionable activity galore, and it’s every fan’s dream come true.
For this comeback, Exo takes a different direction with the music, implementing some hip-hop and trap elements. The beat is undeniably sexy, and you can’t help but sway along—shoulders, body rolls, and all. There’s a heavy Auto-Tune presence—an unusual trait for Exo—but the notorious whiny vocal effect it produces contributes to the vibe of the track overall.
LDN Noise, the songwriting and producing team behind Exo’s new song, told Fuse earlier this week that “Lotto” would be completely different than anything Exo had done before. Telling the fans to “expect the unexpected” was not an exaggeration.
The new track isn’t anything like the boys’ earlier summer hits, “Monster” and “Lucky One,” but it complements the two tracks well. In fact, in analyzing the storyline of the music, it appears that “Lotto” could be the prequel to the events in “Monster.”
“Lotto” is the first track of the album repackage, which follows Exo’s third full-length album Ex’act. The repackage includes all the original songs from Ex’act plus four new ones, “Lotto” among them. Also among them is “She’s Dreaming,” which marks the lyrics-writing debut of member Chen.
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.