- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans 2 Years Ago
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives 2 Years Ago
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms 2 Years Ago
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Today 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Today 9:27 AM
- 7 subscription services that make great last-minute gifts Today 9:12 AM
- Little Miss Flint takes on Tomi Lahren’s border wall tweet Today 9:05 AM
- Michael Cohen contradicts Trump tweets, says president knew payments were wrong Today 8:39 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate girls blush when they eat curry, and fans are being horny on main Today 7:58 AM
- The 2nd gen Amazon Echo Show is a digital assistant game-changer Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ESPNU online for free Today 7:00 AM
- ‘The Fix’ is another talk show Hail Mary from Netflix Today 6:45 AM
- 2018 was the year the ‘alt-right’ failed Today 6:20 AM
- The best Italian movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2018 college bowl games Today 6:00 AM
We just hit the lotto with this new release.
Earlier this summer, Exo slayed with double title tracks “Lucky One” and “Monster.” Now the nine-member boy band is back for more with the follow up track “Lotto.”
True to the casino theme, the video opens with an iconic “cha-ching!” of a slot machine, all nine members looking their bad boy best. There’s money, champagne, and questionable activity galore, and it’s every fan’s dream come true.
For this comeback, Exo takes a different direction with the music, implementing some hip-hop and trap elements. The beat is undeniably sexy, and you can’t help but sway along—shoulders, body rolls, and all. There’s a heavy Auto-Tune presence—an unusual trait for Exo—but the notorious whiny vocal effect it produces contributes to the vibe of the track overall.
LDN Noise, the songwriting and producing team behind Exo’s new song, told Fuse earlier this week that “Lotto” would be completely different than anything Exo had done before. Telling the fans to “expect the unexpected” was not an exaggeration.
The new track isn’t anything like the boys’ earlier summer hits, “Monster” and “Lucky One,” but it complements the two tracks well. In fact, in analyzing the storyline of the music, it appears that “Lotto” could be the prequel to the events in “Monster.”
“Lotto” is the first track of the album repackage, which follows Exo’s third full-length album Ex’act. The repackage includes all the original songs from Ex’act plus four new ones, “Lotto” among them. Also among them is “She’s Dreaming,” which marks the lyrics-writing debut of member Chen.
Sherry Tucci is a fandom reporter who specializes in Korean pop culture and anime. In addition to her work at the Daily Dot, her reporting has appeared in the Daily Texan.