- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Friday 10:22 AM
Every episode of ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?’ is now on YouTube
The Midnight Society is back, and you can join in on YouTube.
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this the “Tale of How to Find Every Are You Afraid of the Dark? on YouTube.”
Are You Afraid of the Dark? was, like all good teenage television fare, a Canadian production that ran on Nickelodeon from 1990 to 1996. The premise was simple: Teens gather around a bonfire to tell scary stories to gain access to the aforementioned Midnight Society. Thanks to R2Teep2 on Reddit, there’s now a master list of every episode from all five seasons of the series that are available on YouTube.
It’s a genuinely spooky show, even if the acting features kids calling each other “lamewad.” From “The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float” that made you never want to go in a swimming pool again to “The Tale of the Lonely Ghost” that made you shifty around any and every mirror, you can now relive your preteen nightmares, thanks to YouTube.
Or, if you’re too scared to watch, there’s a YouTuber who reviewed several episodes of the series on his channel, although he gave up the enterprise five years ago. If you’re extremely brave, there’s a full playlist of the entire series loaded for peak pre-Halloween consumption.
Update 3:25pm CT, Oct. 27: Since publication, the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes have been geo-restricted on YouTube via the Reddit post, blocking U.S. users from streaming the episodes. However, there are still numerous versions still working at new links—for now.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.