- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
The Midnight Society is back, and you can join in on YouTube.
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this the “Tale of How to Find Every Are You Afraid of the Dark? on YouTube.”
Are You Afraid of the Dark? was, like all good teenage television fare, a Canadian production that ran on Nickelodeon from 1990 to 1996. The premise was simple: Teens gather around a bonfire to tell scary stories to gain access to the aforementioned Midnight Society. Thanks to R2Teep2 on Reddit, there’s now a master list of every episode from all five seasons of the series that are available on YouTube.
It’s a genuinely spooky show, even if the acting features kids calling each other “lamewad.” From “The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float” that made you never want to go in a swimming pool again to “The Tale of the Lonely Ghost” that made you shifty around any and every mirror, you can now relive your preteen nightmares, thanks to YouTube.
Or, if you’re too scared to watch, there’s a YouTuber who reviewed several episodes of the series on his channel, although he gave up the enterprise five years ago. If you’re extremely brave, there’s a full playlist of the entire series loaded for peak pre-Halloween consumption.
Update 3:25pm CT, Oct. 27: Since publication, the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes have been geo-restricted on YouTube via the Reddit post, blocking U.S. users from streaming the episodes. However, there are still numerous versions still working at new links—for now.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.