- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ 5 Years Ago
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown 5 Years Ago
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
Every episode of ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?’ is now on YouTube
The Midnight Society is back, and you can join in on YouTube.
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this the “Tale of How to Find Every Are You Afraid of the Dark? on YouTube.”
Are You Afraid of the Dark? was, like all good teenage television fare, a Canadian production that ran on Nickelodeon from 1990 to 1996. The premise was simple: Teens gather around a bonfire to tell scary stories to gain access to the aforementioned Midnight Society. Thanks to R2Teep2 on Reddit, there’s now a master list of every episode from all five seasons of the series that are available on YouTube.
It’s a genuinely spooky show, even if the acting features kids calling each other “lamewad.” From “The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float” that made you never want to go in a swimming pool again to “The Tale of the Lonely Ghost” that made you shifty around any and every mirror, you can now relive your preteen nightmares, thanks to YouTube.
Or, if you’re too scared to watch, there’s a YouTuber who reviewed several episodes of the series on his channel, although he gave up the enterprise five years ago. If you’re extremely brave, there’s a full playlist of the entire series loaded for peak pre-Halloween consumption.
Update 3:25pm CT, Oct. 27: Since publication, the Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes have been geo-restricted on YouTube via the Reddit post, blocking U.S. users from streaming the episodes. However, there are still numerous versions still working at new links—for now.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.