- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
YouTube stars Erika Costell and Alissa Violet—two of Jake Paul’s ex-girlfriends—appear to be feuding with each other on social media.
When Violet was dating Jake Paul and Costell was working as his assistant, the two were friends. But when Paul and Violet broke up—a difficult time for Violet, who said Paul emotionally abused her—and Costell got together with Paul, that relationship was severed.
Now, even though Costell and Paul have broken up, Violet apparently isn’t done taking her shots.
In her most recent vlog, Violet is lounging by the pool in Mexico when she discovers a dead bug on the crowd. Violet points at it and exclaims, “It’s Erika’s career!”
It’s assumed that by Erika, she meant Erika Costell, who didn’t directly respond to Violet on social media. But she did leave a few vague tweets that might have been pointed at Violet. Then again, it might have been a response to something else—as is usually the case with YouTube feuds, hardly anybody knows for sure.
damn sometimes being the bigger person is exhausting
— Erika Costell (@erikacostell) December 18, 2018
Costell and Paul broke up last month, and since then, Paul has said his relationship with her was “super, super toxic.” Violet, meanwhile, said her entire relationship with Paul was fake and that she was abused “mentally and emotionally … every day, 2,000 times a day. I can’t even remember a conversation where it was me walking away feeling good about myself.” She then had a short relationship with Paul’s brother, Logan, a move that “devastated” Jake Paul.
Last month, Costell was asked by the Hollywood Fix if she would ever consider being friends with Violet again, and Costell said, “I don’t think so, no.”
Asked by the reporter if that ship had sailed, Costell, with a smile, said, “Yes.”
A month later, it’s a good bet that Costell’s isn’t anymore hopeful about a possible friendship resurrection with Violet.
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- The 25 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- The best documentaries on YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.