- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme 6 Months Ago
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Today 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
YouTube stars Erika Costell and Alissa Violet—two of Jake Paul’s ex-girlfriends—appear to be feuding with each other on social media.
When Violet was dating Jake Paul and Costell was working as his assistant, the two were friends. But when Paul and Violet broke up—a difficult time for Violet, who said Paul emotionally abused her—and Costell got together with Paul, that relationship was severed.
Now, even though Costell and Paul have broken up, Violet apparently isn’t done taking her shots.
In her most recent vlog, Violet is lounging by the pool in Mexico when she discovers a dead bug on the crowd. Violet points at it and exclaims, “It’s Erika’s career!”
It’s assumed that by Erika, she meant Erika Costell, who didn’t directly respond to Violet on social media. But she did leave a few vague tweets that might have been pointed at Violet. Then again, it might have been a response to something else—as is usually the case with YouTube feuds, hardly anybody knows for sure.
damn sometimes being the bigger person is exhausting
— Erika Costell (@erikacostell) December 18, 2018
Costell and Paul broke up last month, and since then, Paul has said his relationship with her was “super, super toxic.” Violet, meanwhile, said her entire relationship with Paul was fake and that she was abused “mentally and emotionally … every day, 2,000 times a day. I can’t even remember a conversation where it was me walking away feeling good about myself.” She then had a short relationship with Paul’s brother, Logan, a move that “devastated” Jake Paul.
Last month, Costell was asked by the Hollywood Fix if she would ever consider being friends with Violet again, and Costell said, “I don’t think so, no.”
Asked by the reporter if that ship had sailed, Costell, with a smile, said, “Yes.”
A month later, it’s a good bet that Costell’s isn’t anymore hopeful about a possible friendship resurrection with Violet.
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- The 25 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
- The best documentaries on YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.