- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston couldn’t keep his lips off people, Weird Al remixed your favorite TV show theme songs, and more.
While the 2014 Emmy Awards seemed to come out of nowhere, they’ve left a lasting impression.
Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston couldn’t keep his lips off people, Weird Al remixed your favorite TV show theme songs, and George R.R. Martin got Game of Thrones fans excited with the sight of a typewriter.
One of the most touching moments of the night came courtesy of comedian Billy Crystal, who paid tribute to his late friend Robin Williams.
1) Breaking Bad took home all the gold. Aaron Paul took home his third Emmy for his role as Jesse Pinkman. He is one of five people to win this award more than once. Anna Gunn took home Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her role as Skyler White. Cranston took home his fourth statue for Best Actor for the notorious Walter White. The show itself took home the Emmy for Best Drama Series.
2) George R.R. Martin worked on the rest of the famed series A Song of Ice and Fire.
3) Bryan Cranston was all about giving and receiving kisses. Cranston planted the biggest of all on third-time Best Actress in a Comedy winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
4) Sarah Silverman ran to accept the award for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special while allegedly high.
5) Louis C.K. took home the award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series.
6) Billy Crystal paid tribute to his late friend Robin Williams.
7) Mindy Kaling kept it classy despite being snubbed for a nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy.
8) Cranston’s Clark Gable-inspired mustache.
9) Weird Al remixes all the theme songs for Mad Men, Homeland, and Game of Thrones.
Main photo via Wikipedia | Remix by Jason Reed | GIFs by Jason Reed, Fernando Alfonso III, Allyson Holley | Additional reporting by Eric Geller
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.