- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Today 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Today 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Today 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Today 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Today 10:43 AM
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free Today 10:28 AM
- Mother discovers YouTube Kids video that encourages self-harm Today 10:14 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ messed-up map of the U.S. is his first campaign flub Today 10:05 AM
- Woman starts a whites-only yoga club to prove the wrong point about racism Today 10:01 AM
- John Mayer steps in to Photoshop Diplo’s Instagram Today 9:28 AM
- Venmo is flagging payments that mention ‘Persian’ Today 9:17 AM
- YouTube’s Slo Mo Guys inspired a key moment in ‘Solo’ Today 9:14 AM
- Trump unveils ‘workshopped’ nickname for Bernie Sanders Today 8:16 AM
- This Kickstarter needs $4,000 to digitally erase the rat from ‘The Departed’ Today 8:07 AM
- Welcome to Bernie 2020 Twitter, same as Bernie 2016 Twitter Today 7:39 AM
Eminem’s daughter Hailie Mathers now sips Smirnoff Ice on Twitter
The 16-year-old teen turned out pretty normal: tweeting at Justin Beiber, supporting “Kony 2012,” and flicking off cameras.
It seems like just yesterday Eminem was verbally assaulting “Kim” in front of his young daughter, Hailie Mathers. Now she’s speaking for herself on Twitter.
Allegedly tweeting under @hailiejade_x, the 16-year-old teen turned out about as normal as one could being raised by the notorious rapper. She joined Twitter in October 2011 (her first tweet was toward Justin Bieber, natch) and her account is basically a collection of pictures doing annoying, teenage things.
Look how edgy she is flicking off the camera or at this picture of her sipping on Smirnoff Ice (which is in a can now?) with her girls. Of course, there’s the obligatory pursed-lips iPhone photo in a bathroom. Even her dog is terrified of her pursed-lips.
She’s also very political and well-versed with YouTube videos, tweeting: “It’s crazy how fast #kony2012 has spread. But either way, people need to continue to spread it –#STOPKONY !!! #UsaAllTheWay <3”
Anyway, there’s been a bit of confusion of who the real Hailie Mathers is on Twitter. An imposter named @Angry_Blonde, who calls herself Hailie, has managed to rack-up 20,000 followers. But that’s not her, as Huffington Post U.K. gleefully confirmed.
This account is probably her real one, since she only follows five people who seem to be her girlfriends in Michigan and One Direction’s Harry Styles. (She’s so over Beiber since he didn’t follow her back.)
If you want to feel old and a bit creepy for stalking a 16-year-old’s Twitter account, then follow along. She might just flick you off!
Picture via Twitter
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.