- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik 5 Years Ago
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch 5 Years Ago
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
This year marks the 40th anniversary of Saturday Night Live, and there have been quite a few rumors about which not-ready-for-primetime players of the past might return to help celebrate.
One big name was just confirmed: Eddie Murphy.
Murphy was on SNL from 1981 to 1984, and helped shaped some of the show’s most memorable and iconic sketches. He told NewsOne Now’s Roland Martin on Wednesday that he’ll be part of the three-hour SNL anniversary special on Feb. 15. He said he’d planned on returning in the past, but the timing never worked out.
Murphy also teased his new reggae song, “Oh Jah Jah.”
Let us never forget some of his best sketches:
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.