- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Mindy Kaling’s latest book has a delightful Easter egg
In the book, there is a section where Kaling shares what her life might have been like if she had never landed her writing gig on The Office. This section is told through emails exchanged with her hypothetical co-workers at the prestigious New York City prep school where she is a teacher. In the signature of the emails, there are two phone numbers. One is a very fake 555 number, but the other one looked very real to me, so I called, and was met with a recorded message from Mindy.
If Kaling went through the trouble of recording the message, I figured someone must be listening to the voicemails that are being left too, so I excitedly called the number every day for two weeks in the hopes that Mindy would take pity on me and call back.
Spoiler: Mindy never called back. I never got to tell her about how I did finally recover from my cold or about how she is the godmother to the dog I adopted, but I still hold out hope that one day, she will finally listen to her voicemail, and call me. (Please?)
Photo by Aly Keves
Aly Keves is a former Realtime Social Editor at the Daily Dot. While most of her time was spent on Twitter, she made time to write about 'The Bachelor,' adorable videos, and 'The Golden Girls.' She lives in New York City and became Bloomberg's Audience Engagement Editor in 2016.