- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
Here’s the first teaser for Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland,’ starring George Clooney
What if there is a secret place where nothing is impossible?
“What if there is a secret place where nothing is impossible, a miraculous place where you could actually change the world. You wanna go?” a steely George Clooney asks in the first footage released for Disney’s Tomorrowland.
The teaser trailer, for what is set to be next summer’s blockbuster, premiered at New York Comic Con on Thursday after Clooney surprised the crowd by crashing the movie’s panel. The film, which has been shrouded with more security than the Disney vault, comes courtesy of director Brad Bird (Ratatouille) and screenwriter-producer Damon Lindelof (Lost).
Fans have been clamoring for footage from the film, which centers on George Clooney as an inventor named Frank who enlists the help of a young girl named Casey to unlock the secrets of “an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as ‘Tomorrowland.’” According to a report from Deadline, Clooney introduced a second clip that involved his character fighting off a deluge of bad guys alongside Casey before escaping in a flying bathtub.
With a premiere date set for next May, fans have time to visit the “Tomorrowland” section of Disney parks and gleam what inspiration the creators might have taken for the film.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.