- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video 7 Years Ago
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
The “Nooooo!” heard round the Internet: Disney buys LucasFilm
The Walt Disney Company has announced it will acquire LucasFilm, the company behind Star Wars and release Star Wars 7 by 2015.
It was the “NOOOoooooOOOOO!” heard round the Internet.
“Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd,” stated the press release issued by the Walt Disney Company at 3:30 EDT. The news came shortly before a web broadcast of a conference call to finalize details between the House of Mouse and the company that brought us Star Wars.
Naturally, we did what the rest of the Internet did–grabbed popcorn and watched as the news spread around the globe faster than you could say “Han shot first.”
Image via photofunny / Tumblr
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.