- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird 5 Years Ago
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? Today 5:16 PM
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a sassy Cinderella in this Disney princess rap battle
Who knew Belle from Beauty and the Beast was so badass?
This video sees Cinderella and Belle from Beauty and the Beast throw shade at each others’ love lives and reference Disney history. While we love seeing Buffy rap lines like “Bibbidi-bobbidi-booyah, he was mine before midnight,” we’re going to have to side with Belle here. Cinderella may have made Disney a ton of money back in the 1950s, but Belle is way more badass.
Screengrab via Whitney Avalon/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.