- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech 3 Years Ago
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? 3 Years Ago
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
Zetus lapetus! If you don’t know what that means, you’re about to.
Disney Channel is reportedly hosting a four-day marathon of 51 Disney Channel Original Movies over Memorial Day weekend. According to Nick and More, Disney Channel is hosting the marathon to gear up for the summer release of its 100th original movie: Adventures in Babysitting. The Daily Dot has reached out to Disney for confirmation.
Disney Channel has been producing original films for over 30 years, starting with Tiger Town in 1983. Since then, it has produced dozens of original movies, including Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century, The Cheetah Girls, Camp Rock, and Johnny Tsunami. Some of the films live on as nostalgic cult classics, while others, like the recent Descendants, have launched successful franchises.
Then, of course, there’s High School Musical. The musical phenomenon raked in millions of dollars in album and DVD sales, with High School Musical 2 ranking as the highest-rated telecast of all time. The third film grossed over $250 million in theaters, and Disney Channel is currently holding open auditions for High School Musical 4.
The marathon reportedly starts Friday, May 27 and continues through the following Monday. It’ll also be available to stream on Disney Channel’s website and apps. According to Nick and More, it looks like Disney Channel may be airing two more original movies every night starting May 31. If we’re going to get through all 99 films, that means Adventure in Babysitting could debut as early as June 24.
In the meantime, better brush up on your Microbe lyrics. Zoom zoom zoom.
Beth Elderkin is a geek culture reporter and the former co-host/producer of Channel Awesome’s ‘Shark Jumping.’In July 2016, Elderkin joined Gizmodo Media Group as a weekend editor and staff writer for io9.