- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump cabinet officials 5 Years Ago
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free 5 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama 5 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner’s ‘Difficult People’ is heading to Hulu
It’s Christmas for Hulu.
When we spoke with Julie Klausner in June, she mentioned the Amy Poehler-produced show Difficult People, which had just landed a pilot. She said then it had been sold to USA Networks.
It’s now landing on Hulu.
Today came news that the series, starring Klausner and Billy on the Street star Billy Eichner as best friends in NYC, would head to Hulu. The streaming site has recently started expanding its original comedy programming with shows like The Hotwives of Orlando and Jason Reitman’s Casual.
The fantastically named Beatrice Springborn, head of Hulu’s originals, posted a blog about the partnership:
When I first joined Hulu, I was excited to break new ground and continue to expand the offering of premium content that Hulu was built upon. Difficult People is one of those smart, distinctive comedy series that perfectly fits into our diverse slate of high-quality Hulu Originals.
The Internet rejoiced at this news.
— Ryan HULUhan (@RyanHoulihan) November 18, 2014
.@julieklausner Julie, Difficult People was trending today at the same time as Charles Mansons wedding. This is literally ur dream come true
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) November 18, 2014
Production on the series is set to begin next early year.
H/T Hollywood Reporter | Screengrab via Billy on the Street/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.