- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Julie Klausner and Billy Eichner’s ‘Difficult People’ is heading to Hulu
It’s Christmas for Hulu.
When we spoke with Julie Klausner in June, she mentioned the Amy Poehler-produced show Difficult People, which had just landed a pilot. She said then it had been sold to USA Networks.
It’s now landing on Hulu.
Today came news that the series, starring Klausner and Billy on the Street star Billy Eichner as best friends in NYC, would head to Hulu. The streaming site has recently started expanding its original comedy programming with shows like The Hotwives of Orlando and Jason Reitman’s Casual.
The fantastically named Beatrice Springborn, head of Hulu’s originals, posted a blog about the partnership:
When I first joined Hulu, I was excited to break new ground and continue to expand the offering of premium content that Hulu was built upon. Difficult People is one of those smart, distinctive comedy series that perfectly fits into our diverse slate of high-quality Hulu Originals.
The Internet rejoiced at this news.
— Ryan HULUhan (@RyanHoulihan) November 18, 2014
.@julieklausner Julie, Difficult People was trending today at the same time as Charles Mansons wedding. This is literally ur dream come true
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) November 18, 2014
Production on the series is set to begin next early year.
H/T Hollywood Reporter | Screengrab via Billy on the Street/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.