- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
Sometimes it’s not what you do to get into the penalty box that matters. It’s what you do once you get there.
Detroit Red Wings forwards Dylan Larkin and Steve Ott were sitting out for some minor penalties in the third period of a preseason game against the Chicago Blackhawks when they noticed 4-year-old Lylah Almas being positioned for a photo next to the penalty box. The framing was just too perfect an opportunity to pass up.
A photo posted by Detroit Red Wings Hockey Club (@detroitredwings) on
“I think they just noticed we were taking it and once one of them looked, they both looked,” Shannon Almas, Lylah’s mom, told NHL.com. “We were like ‘Oh my gosh!’ when we looked back at the pictures. ‘They’re literally both smiling!'”
So are we.
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.