- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Dave Grohl takes on Animal from ‘The Muppets’ in epic drum battle
How will Grohl match up against Animal’s experience?
There’s little doubt that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl is a master of creating viral moments. Some of these moments are organic—or, at the very least, they appear that way—but other times, Grohl is paired with another culturally popular being in the hopes that TV ratings will increase and Internet pageviews will explode.
That, I suppose, is why we’ve received this digital gift of a drum battle between Grohl and Animal from the Muppets.
In reality, this isn’t much of a contest. Despite Animal’s experience advantage, he can’t match Grohl’s chops. Even though Grohl admits at the end that Animal bested him, we all know this is a lie. Grohl won the contest—and rather easily. Perhaps for his next test, Grohl should take on the 5-year-old girl who recently pounded through a System of a Down cover.
The duel between Grohl and Animal was fine—neither great nor innovative but also not terrible. But I was thinking that another Muppet should have been given the chance. How about for an encore, Grohl challenges the criminally underrated Scooter?
Screengrab via Musicology Online/YouTube
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.