- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Dave Grohl’s 8-year-old daughter Harper rocked Iceland for Father’s Day
She keeps the beat.
As memorable Father’s Day moments go, it doesn’t get much better than this. Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl welcomed his daughter Harper on stage at a concert in Reykjavik, Iceland to play the drums, and the 8-year-old knocked out a rendition of Queen’s “We Will Rock You” in front of thousands of adoring, chanting fans.
While Harper’s guest appearance was initially played as a surprise to the 48-year-old rocker, it quickly became clear it was all part of the plan. Grohl hasn’t been shy in recent years about discussing his life as a rock star father, and being a parent is clearly something he takes both pride and pleasure in. While he initially pretended to be surprised that the young girl shared his last name, Grohl quickly fessed up and explained to the audience that she was the “next generation.”
“About two weeks ago, my daughter said, ‘Daddy, I want to play the drums,'” Dave Grohl told the crowd. “And I said ‘OK, you want me to teach you?’ And she said, ‘Yes.’ And then I said, ‘Do you want to get up in front of 20,000 people in Iceland and play?’ And she said, ‘Yes.’ So ladies and gentlemen, welcome the next generation. There’s another Grohl on the drum set now.”
But even so, welcoming an 8-year-old girl on stage at the Secret Solstice Festival is a feat of awesome fathering that few people can make happen. Obviously, the Father’s Day tradition is typically for the kid to give a heartfelt gift to the dad, but this time, the dad turned the tables in an absolutely delightful way.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.