- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Conan O’Brien solved the mystery of Jake Gyllenhaal’s height
Has the Internet’s most pressing question been solved?
Thanks to a bit of hands-on detective work, Conan O’Brien and Starlee Kine have finally solved one of the Internet’s biggest mysteries.
Kine, creator of the podcast Mystery Show, rekindled the Internet’s obsession with celebrity heights—but out of countless celebrities, it was Jake Gyllenhaal who caused the most debate. It was a matter of inches, and it created pages upon pages of debate. Gyllenhaal appeared on Mystery Show and told Kine that he was 5 feet 11.5 inches tall. That solved it for some, but others didn’t exactly trust the source.
Conan O’Brien took matters into his own hands on Thursday night. He brought Gyllenhaal onstage, even making him take his shoes off, before finally measuring him and putting the matter to rest.
Is this finally the end of it? Given that some are pointing out that Gyllenhaal wasn’t exactly standing up straight when he was measured, probably not.
Screengrab via Team Coco/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.