- How to watch ‘Live Rescue’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Roger Stone to speak at Virginia strip club 4 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Solid sex toy picks for pre-op and non-op trans women Today 6:30 AM
- Why Barrett Brown burned his National Magazine Award—and what he’s planning next Today 6:30 AM
- That heartbreaking ‘Game of Thrones’ song has key ties to the book Today 6:27 AM
- Here are the 11 best health documentaries on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to add people to Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- How to play Fortnite on Mac Today 5:30 AM
- Feminist memes are a banner of social change on Instagram Today 5:00 AM
- VR game Jupiter and Mars thoughtfully explores climate change Today 4:30 AM
- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
Conan O’Brien solved the mystery of Jake Gyllenhaal’s height
Has the Internet’s most pressing question been solved?
Thanks to a bit of hands-on detective work, Conan O’Brien and Starlee Kine have finally solved one of the Internet’s biggest mysteries.
Kine, creator of the podcast Mystery Show, rekindled the Internet’s obsession with celebrity heights—but out of countless celebrities, it was Jake Gyllenhaal who caused the most debate. It was a matter of inches, and it created pages upon pages of debate. Gyllenhaal appeared on Mystery Show and told Kine that he was 5 feet 11.5 inches tall. That solved it for some, but others didn’t exactly trust the source.
Conan O’Brien took matters into his own hands on Thursday night. He brought Gyllenhaal onstage, even making him take his shoes off, before finally measuring him and putting the matter to rest.
Is this finally the end of it? Given that some are pointing out that Gyllenhaal wasn’t exactly standing up straight when he was measured, probably not.
Screengrab via Team Coco/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.