- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Conan O’Brien tests his fluency in another language: emoji
If a picture’s worth a thousand words, an emoji is at least worth a few, right?
This world is running out of words to use. Or we’ve grown tired of the ones we have. Or emojis are awesome. Or whatever. Point is: We’re sending lots of texts with nothing but funny images.
Capitalizing on the trend, Conan O’Brien and eternal sidekick Andy Richter took to the texting world in a segment that’s no longer up on Conan’s website to announce their unrivaled dominance in the Understanding Emoji as Actual Sentences game. You’ll find the full video below, but highlights include:
Your fly is open.
I got drunk and went on Zappos.com.
I just lost our house in a poker game. Oh, and happy anniversary, baby.
I secretly filmed you on the toilet and sold the videos to a German porn site. Now I can afford to buy a speedboat.
Watch the full segment below. Emoji: They’re taking over our TVs.
Conan Reads Emojis by NewsTodayTV
Photo via NewsTodayTV/DailyMotion
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.