- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
“Community” cast polls Twitter: Pierce or Chevy?
Here’s one more reason to save “Community.” Stars of NBC program invented a new game on Twitter today: #pierceorchevy. If you don’t hear the quote on the show, chances are it’s the latter.
Fans of “Community” now have another hashtag to follow today: #pierceorchevy.
Stars of the NBC show, which is in danger of being cancelled, are tweeting quotes from either Chevy Chase or the deranged character he plays on the comedy, Pierce.
Alison Brie, Yvette Brown, Gillian Jacobs, and Danny Pudi who all star in the show, have been tweeting things like “I didn’t see that movie. I only like my own art.” and tagging it #pierceorchevy. That’s left fans to guess if it’s the line came from Chevy or his character, though most fans have been simply retweeting the actors.
Even “Community” writer Megan Ganz (@MeganGanz) has gotten in on action, tweeting “Can I put my arm around you, or are you a lesbian?”
The show’s uncertain future has received strong support from its online fan base. Ever since NBC announced it was going on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time, fans have been tweeting support with the hashtags #savecommunity and #sixseasonsandamovie.
According to Topsy, #sixseasonsandamovie has recorded more than 15,000 tweets while #savecommunity has more than 16,000 tweets. Fans hope the groundswell of support will force NBC to reevaluate the show’s future.
We collected a few of our favorite Pierce (or Chevy!) quotes below.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.