- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
The road to SXSW with the Coathangers
On the road to SXSW, punk trio the Coathangers shares songs for and from the road.
When we first started the Coathangers, it was a little rocky due to the fact we didn’t exactly know how to play our instruments. However, that never stopped us.
The band has gradually and organically morphed from a joke (almost 8 years ago when we began) to who/what we actually are as human beings, today. Over the years, we started adding to the madness: From Julia’s apartment to a practice space with friends to a 7-inch on Die Slaughterhaus Records and a 12-inch on Rob’s House Records, etc., all the way to three full-length albums on Suicide Squeeze Records, the newest one being Suck My Shirt, which comes out March 18.
Basically, if you want something bad enough and practice every damn day things can happen. We have been extensively touring the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe for the past five years, meeting incredible people, places, and bands, and we plan on continuing to tour as much as our bodies and minds will allow us to.
We just recently released a video to our first single, “Follow Me,” with our good friends NewMerica (based in ATL) and Mastodon, and it rules so check it out.
We will be embarking on a two-month tour on March 10. Those dates include SXSW, a two-week stint on the west coast with the Black Lips,, and a four-week push with Audacity.
We love to play live We love to tour. We love to destroy, create, inspire, torment, love, etcetcetc… Join us if you dare.
You can follow the Coathangers on Tumblr and catch the band during SXSW:
- March 12, 1:15pm at North Door
- March 12, 6:15pm at Gypsy Lounge
- March 14, 8:45pm at Gypsy Lounge
- March 14, 11pm at the Liberty
- March 15, 4pm at the Long Branch
- March 15, 6:30pm at Hotel Vegas
Photo by Ryan Russell