- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
On the second-to-last NFL weekend of the year, Cleveland fans got totally something unexpected Saturday. For the first time this season, they got to watch the Browns win a game. And the internet went bananas in response.
Browns win…a Festivus Miracle!
— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) December 24, 2016
The reverberations were felt across the state of Ohio, from Coshocton to Cincinnati.
In NFL history, there’s only been one team that has ever moved through an entire season without a loss, and every year when that last undefeated team loses, the 1972 Miami Dolphins pop corks on champagne bottles to celebrate their continued legacy.
And in NFL history, there’s only been one team that has ever moved through an entire season without a win, and now that the Browns have avoided that fate, you can bet that the 2008 Detroit Lions are somewhere celebrating their continued infamy.
San Diego misses field goal. Browns win. And 2008 Lions crack open a case of Pabst.
— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) December 24, 2016
If ’72 Dolphins pop champagne when an unbeaten team loses, do ’08 Lions twist off the cap on a bottle of Thunderbird for Browns’ win today?
— Chris Solari (@chrissolari) December 24, 2016
Alas, all is not perfect in Cleveland. With the victory against the Chargers, the Browns have put themselves in a position where they might not have the worst record in the league and thus might not get the No. 1 draft pick next season.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.