- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
On the second-to-last NFL weekend of the year, Cleveland fans got totally something unexpected Saturday. For the first time this season, they got to watch the Browns win a game. And the internet went bananas in response.
Browns win…a Festivus Miracle!
— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) December 24, 2016
The reverberations were felt across the state of Ohio, from Coshocton to Cincinnati.
In NFL history, there’s only been one team that has ever moved through an entire season without a loss, and every year when that last undefeated team loses, the 1972 Miami Dolphins pop corks on champagne bottles to celebrate their continued legacy.
And in NFL history, there’s only been one team that has ever moved through an entire season without a win, and now that the Browns have avoided that fate, you can bet that the 2008 Detroit Lions are somewhere celebrating their continued infamy.
San Diego misses field goal. Browns win. And 2008 Lions crack open a case of Pabst.
— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) December 24, 2016
If ’72 Dolphins pop champagne when an unbeaten team loses, do ’08 Lions twist off the cap on a bottle of Thunderbird for Browns’ win today?
— Chris Solari (@chrissolari) December 24, 2016
Alas, all is not perfect in Cleveland. With the victory against the Chargers, the Browns have put themselves in a position where they might not have the worst record in the league and thus might not get the No. 1 draft pick next season.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.