- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Monday 12:14 PM
- (Likely fake) photo of people having sex on Great Pyramid sparks international outrage Monday 12:07 PM
Pinterest user Jessica Hulett is collecting all of the actress’ best “Cry Faces” on a new, must-follow pinboard.
Finally, something valuable is being done on Pinterest. Bridal collections be damned, pinner Jessica Hulett, is embarking on an important journey.
Hulett’s “Claire Danes Cry Face Project” is a small, yet promising, Pinboard collection of actress Claire Danes’ best “Cry Faces.” Longtime Danes fans (or just those of us who owned Little Women on VHS) are quite familiar with the World Famous Claire Danes Cry Face: scrunched up, quivering chin, eyes from which tears flow effortlessly, a forehead that crumples without a moments notice. You have to experience it to really understand it.
Claire Danes’ TV crying career began with her sobbing her way through “My So-Called Life” — well, not so much sobbing, but she definitely gave those pre-tear muscles a good workout.
“Claire Danes’ chin quivering so hard that it falls off” GIF by Bobby Finger
She cries in hit films, too: including 1994′s Little Women (she dies from Scarlet Fever), 1996′s Romeo + Juliet (her husband kills himself by accident), 1998′s Les Miserables (submission!), 1999′s Brokedown Palace (she and Kate Beckinsale get stuck in Thai prison)… and the list most definitely goes on.
I like where you’re heading with this, Jessica. We really do need a complete compendium of Claire Danes Cries. And now with GIF technology, we can finally show her tears in new and exciting ways.
Not to mention, Danes just won a deserved Emmy for her role in Showtime’s Homeland, which is not only a fantastic television show, but one on which Danes’ character cries pretty much constantly:
Lindsey Weber is a writer and editor who's worked for Flipboard, Mel Magazine, Slate, Eater, Wirecutter, Billboard, and more. She currently hosts a VR talk show called Conundrums.