- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
13 ‘Halloween’ movies condensed into 2 short minutes
For when you want the Shatner mask treatment but don’t have time for the full Jamie Lee.
It’s October, so that means endless reiterations of classic horror franchises—none more iconic, or more likely to be played in marathon form on a basic cable network near you, than the Halloween franchise.
But what do you do if you’re attending a costume party and need to be ready to whip out a casual bon mot about how incestuous and loving Jamie Lee’s farewell to the Mikester was in Halloween H20? Do you carve time out of your busy schedule to rewatch the entire lengthy series as a refresher? Or do you save that time for more meaningful pasttimes like watching Scary Movie 3?
Thanks to Cinefix, now you can do both. A new YouTube animation from the bite-sized experts who brought you the 8-bit Matrix has all the thrills of the original John Carpenter masterpiece without all the boring scenes of teens walking down sidewalks or Donald Pleasence looking harried and fretful.
Even better, “The Entire Halloween Series in 2 Minutes” is just that—a condensed yet utterly accurate whirlwind through all 8 installments plus reboots of the franchise. The only thing missing is a tinny edition of the ya-da-da ya-da-da theme song delivered at helium pitch.
As the Daily Dot’s own Joey Keeton said after watching this masterpiece:
Please let there be a Friday the 13th version in the future. I need to see a boat somehow going to Manhattan from Crystal Lake in cartoon form; it’s on my bucket list.
Personally I’m holding out for an 8-bit Freddy Kreuger.
Screengrab via YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.