- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
92-year-old actor Christopher Lee released an epic metal Christmas carol
Lee is 92 and more metal than you.
Earlier this year, veteran actor Sir Christopher Lee released his latest metal album, and a lot of people were confused. The 92-year-old is known for his role in Lord of the Rings and for playing Dracula in the Hammer horror series, but not so much as the operatic voice of a metal band.
Today, Lee released a very special holiday song, “Darkest Carols, Faithful Sing,” which uses the melody from “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.” This video offers a nice walk through all his epic holiday tunes, and teases the new track at the end. The song follows up his 2013 holiday hit, “Jingle Hell,” which charted on Billboard last year, and made him the oldest musician to ever chart.
The carol is downright jolly, and a bit of a change from the arch melodies of songs like “The Bloody Verdict of Verden.” Yes, it’s even a bit cheesy, but Sir Christopher Lee is 92 and more metal than you.
Screengrab via Charlemagne Productions/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.