- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Friday 4:04 PM
- Facebook copies Instagram with experimental ‘Popular Photos’ feature Friday 3:58 PM
- This iPhone app says it will alert you if you’ve been hacked Friday 2:43 PM
- ‘Marvel’s Hero Project’ is the wholesome content 2019 needs Friday 2:40 PM
- Get more out of VSCO with VSCO search Friday 2:09 PM
- Twitter carves out ‘cause-based’ advocacy exemption in political ads ban Friday 2:06 PM
- Disney+ accounts are being hacked—here’s how to protect yourself Friday 1:52 PM
- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher Friday 1:42 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ Friday 12:54 PM
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered Friday 12:51 PM
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense Friday 12:49 PM
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Friday 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Friday 12:33 PM
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are at odds over the systemic disappearance of their household phone chargers. Teigen blames Legend, and we can certainly relate.
“I buy and leave all the phone chargers all around the house just so you can unplug them all and take them to work with you. all of them! I love that you love chargers! they’re all for you! I just love you that’s why I buy them. because you love them!” the model tweeted, sarcastically, on Wednesday evening.
Her tweet became an instant Twitter Moment. It was charming, funny, and hit home: Many spouses have a modern problem with accountability when it comes to these prized, snatch-able commodities. The more absent-minded one in the couple will habitually move chargers around the living quarters, never committing to one plug, or more sinisterly, dash off to work with them.
Get a custom portable charger of your face so he will never forget who’s supplying his infinite power https://t.co/T1mujP5aJs— Grace. (@GraceWhittingto) February 8, 2018
I’m married to the same kind of person. Who knew so many men loved chargers this way. Nothing makes my day like frantically looking for a charger when I’m on 2%. And he has them all. Every single one for one phone.— lynnethedreamer (@lynne816) February 8, 2018
For her part, Teigen has vowed vengeance:
I'm buying this pic.twitter.com/f0Vyv0R2rl— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 8, 2018
@johnlegend take this one u thief— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 8, 2018
I must confess to constantly rotating my home’s chargers with graceless aplomb, often changing ports or taking cords to the car. But if your husband drops a charger in the woods, does anyone notice?
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.