- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Chris Evans (not that one) is the new host of ‘Top Gear’
Popular BBC host and personality Chris Evans will now host ‘Top Gear.’
The insanely popular motoring show Top Gear abruptly ended after a “fracas” between host Jeremy Clarkson and producer Oisin Tymon. The BBC fired Clarkson, and massive online petitions proved meaningless in the eyes of executives. But now fans have confirmation on who will be taking the helm as the new host of Top Gear.
Yes, it’s Chris Evans. No, not the one who plays Captain America, but rather the BBC radio host and overall car fanatic. He’s signed a new three-year deal with the BBC.
First tweet as new Top Gear host. I would like to say Jeremy, Richard & James are the greatest. And NO I’m not leaving the R2 Breakfast Show
— Chris Evans (@achrisevans) June 16, 2015
And as great a host as Evans is, it still leaves a sour taste for fans of one of the longest-running television shows. But there is a bit of good news for Clarkson supporters: The final two episodes of this season’s Top Gear will air after all, and Clarkson has gone into the studio to record the voiceover work.
The good news is that Evans is a huge car nut. He’s been on Top Gear a few times and has been around the track as a Star in a Reasonably Priced Car—and his times were none too shabby either. Oh, also, he threw down £2.27 on a classic Ferrari.
But what about the former Top Gear hosts? James May and Richard Hammond didn’t re-up their contracts with the BBC in solidarity with Clarkson. And it looks like the duo may be joining Clarkson for a new show on Netflix.
Interestingly, the video game Forza 6 will still feature Top Gear and (most of) its former hosts. Forza 6 will still have the Top Gear test track as well as giving players the ability to race against the Stig. May and Hammond will contribute voiceover work, but Clarkson will be notably absent.
Fan reaction to the announcement has been mixed to say the least. While some are willing to give Evans a shot, many are still upset about Clarkson having been sacked.
Chris Evans new TopGear presenter….
Not gonna be the same without Clarkson however not a bad choice from the BBC 👍🏼
— Danny Keogh (@DannyKeogh94) June 16, 2015
Fuck off chris evans
— Trap Jesus (@TomSevers) June 16, 2015
Chris Evans wanting to be cool again with the TFI comeback. He knew at the time he’d signed to the Top Gear Cuntfest. Ginger fucking fraud!
— Tony Rivers (@TonyRivers1927) June 16, 2015
And on that bombshell…
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.