- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Chelsea Handler takes another Instagram shot at Kim Kardashian
We’ve got a full-fledged Handler-Kardashian rivalry.
Chelsea Handler protested Kim Kardashian‘s media takeover Wednesday with some nude photos of her own. While she hinted that Kardashian’s butt was the work of plastic surgeons in her Instagram post, Handler’s protest appeared more institutional. That changed Thursday night when Handler pulled no punches and posted the following.
Screengrab via Chelsea Handler/Instagram
Per Handler, Kardashian has no talent and is not a good family role model. The shot is impossible to interpret any other way.
This is somewhat of a surprise given Wednesday night’s events. Handler’s first post wasn’t so much about Kardashian’s highly choreographed moment, but rather its widespread acceptance relative to what Instagram decides to censor (Handler had topless photos censored on the photo-sharing social network). The public has no problem passing around Kardashian’s butt because it is presented as a totem of stylized, modern female attraction; for straight men, by straight men. But Handler making a joke in an unconventional manner wasn’t an acceptable best practice for IG.
Photo via WehoCity/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.