- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Chelsea Handler reveals Bill Cosby invited her to his hotel suite
‘Now I know what would’ve happened if I went up there alone.’
In a recent interview with Esquire magazine, comedian and talk show host Chelsea Handler reveals that 10 years ago, she was invited up to Bill Cosby’s hotel room in Atlantic City. The invite gave her a bad feeling, so she says she took some male friends with her, and now in hindsight—after the two dozen sexual assault allegations made against Cosby—she’s glad she did.
“He tried to Cosby me,” says Handler.
“I was in Atlantic City playing, doing stand-up, and he was doing stand-up in Atlantic City in the same hotel,” recounts Handler, “and at like three o’clock in the afternoon, someone from the hotel came down and said, ‘Oh, you know, Mr. Cosby would really like to meet you up in his hotel suite.’ And I thought, That’s really weird. This was like ten years ago.
“And I said, That’s really weird. I don’t want to go alone. I go, I don’t know him. So the three guys I was with—thank God these guys were with me. One was filming and one was like a producer; we were filming something—I brought them up with me to his room and thank God I did, because now I know what would’ve happened if I went up there alone.”
Handler goes on to say that she had completely forgotten about the entire incident until all the women have been coming forward lately. She says she was reminded about her encounter by a friend who was there, who texted her asking if she remembers that afternoon they went to Cosby’s room and how “freaked out” Handler was that she made them come with her.
The friend adds, “Hello! You could’ve been one of his victims if we weren’t there.” Handler finishes the story by saying “He’s guilty. … I think it’s pretty obvious now.”
The entire interview is posted on Esquire’s website.
Photo via Fortune Live Media/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)