- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) 7 Years Ago
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play 7 Years Ago
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
Australian TV star Charlotte Dawson hospitalized after Twitter harassment
Charlotte Dawson, the Australia’s Next Top Model judge who recently fought back against harassment on Twitter, is in the hospital for unknown reasons.
Australian TV star Charlotte Dawson is in the hospital following a barrage of tweets from trolls telling her to kill herself.
It is unclear at this time why Dawson, whose fiancé recently committed suicide, was hospitalized Thursday, but her spokesman told news.com.au that “she is OK.”
Dawson’s last tweets were sent following two TV appearances on Australian TV Wednesday evening to raise bullying awareness..
“Hope this ends the misery,” Dawson tweeted. “You win x.”
Over the past two days Dawson, who is a judge of Australia’s Next Top Model, has been the victim of hundreds of Twitter trolls. She recently struck back at troll Tanya Heti, who allegedly tweeted, “[I]f I was your fiance I’d hang myself too #gohangyourself.”
“She had stupidly posted her business card details. So I emailed her boss, a professor at Monash University,” Dawson told ABC Sydney. “I also rang the girl myself.”
Heti was ultimately fired. But that didn’t discourage the trolls in their attack.
“Should hang herself. Bitched already caused enough trouble and doesn’t deserve that much fame,” @edwardstevens10 tweeted after the firing.
“[O]n behalf of the world would you please go and hang yourself,” added @JimmyRu59985089.
Many of Dawson’s friends have come to her support following the incident.
“No matter whether you ‘like’ them or not, high profile people aren’t immune to feelings and emotions,” Melissa Hoyer, a friend of Dawson’s, told news.com.au. “So when a constant barrage of insults and crap are thrown at them, there comes a time when they say enough is enough.”
Photo by Eva Rinaldi/Flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.