- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) 7 Years Ago
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play 7 Years Ago
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
Aussie TV star stands up to her cyberbullies
One troll may lose her job as a result.
A vicious Twitter troll has lost her job after Australian TV host Charlotte Dawson called the woman’s job to complain.
Dawson, who is a judge on “Australia’s Next Top Model,” recently lost her fiancé to suicide, the Herald Sun reported.
Tanya Heti, a mentor at Monash University, allegedly tweeted “[I]f I was your fiance I’d hang myself too #gohangyourself.”
Dawson took action to defend herself.
“She had stupidly posted her business card details. So I emailed her boss, a professor at Monash University,” Dawson told ABC Sydney. “I also rang the girl myself.”
Dawson was not satisfied with the initial response she received from Monash University which told her simply that the school did not support Heti’s comments. But since then, the school has released a statement saying that “it’s investigating the matter and the staff member has been directed to take leave with pay,” ABC Sydney reported.
In order to raise awareness about bullying, Dawson has been retweeting messages from trolls Wednesday on her personal account.
“Trolling is something that people do because they’re disinhibited, because they don’t have to look you in the face. A lot of them are just lashing out at anyone and everyone,” Dawson said. “When they start attacking people with vulnerabilities, especially somebody who is incredibly vulnerable having just lost a partner to suicide. I feel very passionately that that should not happen.”
Photo via Twitter
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.