- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Wednesday 12:29 PM
Even in his darkest hour, Brian Williams is not without his champions.
On Tuesday, the NBC anchor was suspended for six months without pay following the revelation that he falsified claims of coming under attack during his coverage of the Iraq War in 2003. Though the anchor and managing editor of Nightly News issued an apology on air for his mistake, many have derided the reporter on social media for his actions.
Wednesday evening, Charlie Sheen took to TwitLonger to pen a rather unique free verse poem for the man he calls “a true Patriot” and “a hero in my/’Entire Library.'” The poem, which is comprised of seven stanzas, sings Williams’ praises quite beautifully before taking a turn for the paranoid and alleging that his suspension is part of a “transparent and vile/witch hunt!”
Dear Mr. Williams,
Sorry to bother you during this most surreal, unjust
and mercurial moment in
your awesome life.
for 24 years of inimitable
professionalism and top
as a stone cold
passion driven and
(PERFECTLY) fact based journalist.
Thank you “squared”
for delivering not only the news on a nightly basis,
to myself and my family.
But for every other person alive,
(with a TV)
and still do,
on your poetic, insightful
and NOBLE sacrifices,
that made our longest nights
and our shortest nights
You good sir,
are a hero in my
you are clearly the victim of
a transparent and vile
“staged” by hooligans,
non coms, cowards and
hideous goal is to discredit
the genius that they relied
on for almost 3 decades!
Now and forever you
are a true Patriot and a Hero
until the day i leave this
star crossed imperfect
Rock we call Earth…
(if you need it!)
I remain humbly
at your service….
Perhaps Sheen was moved to pen a few verses for his fallen comrade given his history. You’ll remember the actor enjoyed a public falling out with the creator of CBS’s Two and Half Men and was fired from the show, prompting a subsequent meltdown that dominated pop culture for the remainder of 2011.
Though it’s no free “Winning” T-shirt, the poem is thoughtful none the less. Long live “the MaSheen!”
Photo via imatty35/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.