- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 4 Years Ago
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil 4 Years Ago
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
Channing Tatum invites you to come and look at the first ‘Magic Mike XXL’ poster
It’s not subtle at all.
The first poster for Magic Mike XXL is out, and it’s quite something.
Channing Tatum posted the photo on Twitter and Facebook Tuesday (the latter through Facebook Mentions) with a tease for fans: “Look, but you can’t touch.” He’ll be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Wednesday to present the world premiere of the first Magic Mike XXL trailer.
There’s an utter lack of subtlety here, but it’s doubtful that fans are really complaining. With a shirtless Tatum and the all-capped “coming” located right at his crotch, it’s aimed straight at the (mostly) female gaze.
The original film followed a group of male strippers and was loosely based on Tatum’s experiences as a male stripper in Miami when he was 18. The sequel is bound to be bigger—and not just because of the “XXL” in the title.
This time around, the men are taking a road trip from Tampa, Fla., to Myrtle Beach, S.C., for a stripper convention, inspired by events that Tatum attended when he was 19.
“The women would come from miles and miles around,” Tatum told GQ back in July. “Then you lock the doors and you say all bets are off. It gets zany and crazy, and it’s a wild ride. It’s an incubator for insanity.”
Magic Mike XXL comes into theaters July 1.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.