- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Woman with telekinetic powers freaks out on unsuspecting café patrons
Don’t mess with a gal and her laptop.
Who needs caffeine when you can start your day with a little telekinetic mayhem?
This is what a few allegedly unsuspecting customers received one morning when they were ordering their morning coffee at a New York City cafe. As part of an elaborate promotion for the upcoming remake of Carrie, a woman sitting by herself begins to freak out after accidentally spilling coffee on her laptop (pay attention to the woman’s reaction at about 1:47, it’s priceless).
The video has been seen 3.7 million times since Monday.
“One of these days, somebody’s going to get shot by a trigger happy customer who decides they have a right to self defend against some crazy telekinetic powers,” banjo_07 commented on Reddit.
“Fake viral video or not…that was one of the best ‘prank’ setups and executions I have seen in a long time, really well done,” prsmike added.
H/T Reddit | Screengrab via YouTube
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.