- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Carly Rae Jepsen revamps the theme song for ‘Fuller House’
The Carly Rae canon could score all our most important shows.
Whatever happened to predictability?
Netflix is mixing nostalgia with modern pop by having Carly Rae Jepsen and Butch Walker rewrite the theme song for Fuller House, which will look at the future of the Tanner family after the original Full House went off the air in the ’90s.
For those of you who need a refresher, the classic Full House theme song is unmistakable.
To find out what Jepsen did to the tune, fans will likely have to wait until Feb. 26. However, why even have Jepsen rewrite classic theme songs, when her own songs are perfect enough to be the new themes of a ton of shows?
1) Song: “I Really Like You” | Show: The Bachelor
“It’s way too soon, I know this isn’t love,” should be the actual tagline of The Bachelor. The song also discusses oversharing and having to woo someone by proving you like them the best. You could also logically keep the music video as the opening credits, because who doesn’t want Tom Hanks in their opening credits?
2) Song: “Call Me Maybe” | Show: The Bachelorette
You just met the guy and you want him to call you? Sounds like the roller coaster of love one finds on The Bachelorette. The song admits the premise is crazy, what with the concept of missing a person before you even met them. This plays to the fact that the contestants are often plucked from previous seasons—someone could feel like they know and miss someone before even meeting them.
3) Song: “Tonight I’m Getting Over You” | Show: Bachelor Pad
Bachelor Pad was a second chance at finding love for previous loose-end contestants, which resulted in a lot of relationship swapping and heartbreak. You couldn’t be sure you’d be in love with the same person week to week. Perfect for an anthem about moving on, and doing so quickly.
4) Song: “Run Away With Me” | Show: Bachelor in Paradise
Contestants on Bachelor in Paradise are at a remote location, so they’ve already “run away” from the pressures of the real world to find true love. Then, when they find someone they want to stay with, the safer bet would be to “run away” and avoid the game, where hearts can be broken and emotions can be shifted. A true anthem that encapsulates how to really win at Bachelor in Paradise.
Screengrab via CarlyRaeJepsenVEVO/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.