- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? 4 Years Ago
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Today 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Today 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
YouTuber Carl James flies across the globe to surprise his mom in the hospital
Get your tissues ready.
Get your tissues ready.
YouTuber Carl James surprised his mom in the hospital before her kidney transplant, and his video about it will make you cry.
Some backstory: James’ mother has been fighting a disease for 10 years, and recently got the good news that she could get the kidney transplant she needed. But since James’ family lives in the U.S. and he’s more than 4,000 miles away in Germany, he hadn’t planned on seeing his mother before her big day.
Then, at the last minute, “with the help of some amazing family friends,” James was able to fly out in time to surprise his mom at the hospital an hour before her operation. He brought a camera with him.
Make sure you watch until the end, too, because he gets to surprise his sister the same way later on in the day.
Screengrab via Carl James/YouTube
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.