- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? 6 Years Ago
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China 6 Years Ago
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Today 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Today 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Today 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Today 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Today 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
YouTube’s three leading ladies will make their movie debut on Valentine’s Day
Don’t have a date for Valentine’s Day this year? Well now you have three.
The trio’s first feature film, Camp Takota, finally has a release date so grab your sweetheart and sit down for a Valentine’s Day viewing.
Camp Takota, about a hapless woman (Helbig) who goes back to her all girls summer camp as a counselor and teams up with childhood friends (Hart and Hart) to prevent an evil man from buying the camp and turning it into a Digital Interactive Camp.
The movie, written in part by Mamrie Hart and based on her time as a camp counselor, will be released on the Internet for download on Feb. 14, 2014 and stars three of the web’s biggest celebrities—so while some will be out with their partners celebrating love, probably many more will be inside curled up ready to watch three funny ladies at their funniest.
Here’s the official trailer for Camp Takota, posted on Helbig’s old channel:
Fans will be able to purchase a DRM-free download of Camp Takota on Valentine’s Day via VHX at CampTakota.com for $9.99. They can also spend up to $300 on “Care Packages,” which include a download of the flick plus limited-edition extras like Camp Takota T-shirts, handmade friendship bracelets, private cast and crew Google Hangouts, cast-recorded personalized voicemail messages, custom videos, and more.
H/T Tubefilter | Screengrab via YouTube
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.