- Here’s why ‘Furry and Proud’ is trending on Twitter 3 Years Ago
- Sacha Baron Cohen calls tech giants the ‘greatest propaganda machine in history’ 3 Years Ago
- ‘Resistance Reborn’ is a must-read before ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Today 10:14 AM
- Stephen Miller should be fired, more than 100 lawmakers say Today 9:56 AM
- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral Today 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns Today 8:45 AM
- Nurse’s TikTok video accused of being insensitive to patient trauma Today 8:16 AM
- The tweet showing a man talking to a woman in a club is gone but not forgotten Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Knight Before Christmas’ is gosh-darned hopeful Today 7:30 AM
- Harley Quinn strikes out alone in DC Universe’s new R-rated cartoon Today 7:00 AM
- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
The premise is simple: Cameras will follow Dallas, his close friends, and his family around as he tries to make the leap from social media star to mainstream celebrity.
While no title or release plans have been announced, Dallas tweeted a teaser image suggesting he’ll definitely be getting up to some hijinx.
The 21-year-old has over 9.4 million Vine followers, and more than 35 million followers total across the major social media platforms, and the power of that massive fanbase isn’t lost on Netflix.
The streaming giant has definitely noticed the potential. Haters Back Off, an original scripted series from YouTuber Miranda Sings, is set to debut this fall.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.