- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Thursday 9:36 AM
‘We are all part of the same community.’
Jenner is set to start filming scenes for season 3 next week, and series creator Jill Soloway is hoping the potential crossover between Jenner’s reality show I Am Cait and Transparent will be beneficial. During an interview at Saturday’s GLAAD Media Awards, Soloway said, “We are all part of the same community. A lot of the transwomen who work on our show are also in her show, I Am Cait. Lots of crossover. Lots of friends.”
Soloway didn’t offer details about Jenner’s role. Transparent picked up a Golden Globe last year for Best Television Series, Musical or Comedy, and star Jeffrey Tambor, who plays trans woman Maura, won Best Actor. It was also the first original Amazon series to win.
Transparent and I Am Cait both took home awards at Saturday’s GLAAD event. Jenner’s show tied with I Am Jazz—the TLC show about trans teen and YouTube star Jazz Jennings—for Outstanding Reality Program.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.