- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
SNL’s Sasheer Zamata stars in must-see webseries, ‘Pursuit of Sexiness’
Boozing with besties, one speed-date at a time
You likely know Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) and Nicole Byer (GirlCode) from their hilarious stunts on TV. The talented twosome also happen to be real-life friends, and not long before Zamata was cast on SNL, they created a terrific webseries about friendship, sexiness, and all the hardships of “getting some” while living in New York City.
Lucky for us, Above Average has produced a second season of the series and the premiere debuted on Tuesday. The episode features Byer and Zamata navigating the totally exhausting world of speed-dating. Zamata serves up skeptical side-eye as she entertains less-than-stellar suitors, while Byer only has eyes for her one true love—other people’s glasses of red wine.
Want more sexiness? The hilarious first season is also available on YouTube and it’s well worth a binge.
Screengrab via Above Average/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.