- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? 4 Years Ago
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
SNL’s Sasheer Zamata stars in must-see webseries, ‘Pursuit of Sexiness’
Boozing with besties, one speed-date at a time
You likely know Sasheer Zamata (Saturday Night Live) and Nicole Byer (GirlCode) from their hilarious stunts on TV. The talented twosome also happen to be real-life friends, and not long before Zamata was cast on SNL, they created a terrific webseries about friendship, sexiness, and all the hardships of “getting some” while living in New York City.
Lucky for us, Above Average has produced a second season of the series and the premiere debuted on Tuesday. The episode features Byer and Zamata navigating the totally exhausting world of speed-dating. Zamata serves up skeptical side-eye as she entertains less-than-stellar suitors, while Byer only has eyes for her one true love—other people’s glasses of red wine.
Want more sexiness? The hilarious first season is also available on YouTube and it’s well worth a binge.
Screengrab via Above Average/YouTube
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.