- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Buzzed: Taylor Swift, the Strokes, and Lonely Island
Andy Samberg and Taylor Swift had quite the weekend.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
Andy Samberg and his Lonely Island crew returned to Saturday Night Live this weekend to present us a wonderful new song. Along with host Adam Levine and musical guest Kendrick Lamar, the power group presented “YOLO,” a clever song mocking the beloved Internet catchphrase.
In case you were wondering, Taylor Swift had a better weekend than you. Confirming to fans that she’s totally fine post-breakup, she spent the weekend in Paris with her apparent BFF Hailee Steinfeld using a Jetsetter voucher before it expired. She also saw the “most perfect carousel.”
So The Strokes have an jaunty new song, called “One Way Trigger.” Released on Friday, fans were conflicted on what they thought about the band’s sound. One commenter on SoundCloud wrote “bummer town USA” while another rebutted “Beautiful.”
Photo via livefromnewyorksnl/Instagram
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.