- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 7 Years Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives 7 Years Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook 7 Years Ago
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
Buzzed: McKayla Maroney, Chris Christie, Daniel Craig, and more
The president is not impressed, James Bond goes to Afghanistan, etc.
In Buzzed, we take a look at four things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
We’re not even a month away from the end of 2012, but your first pop-music mashup has landed. Greek DJ Robin Skouteris released “Poplove,” a six-minute aural gift that mixes up dozens of chart-topping hits. Carly Rae Jepsen rightly leads off the mix, followed by songs from Katy Perry, Calvin Harris, Kelly Clarkson, and of course, Psy.
Even around the president, gymnast McKayla Maroney is still not impressed. The U.S. women’s gymnastics team paid a visit to the White House on Friday, and Maroney flashed her signature smirk alongside President Obama. The White House’s post has racked up 54,000 likes and 16,000 shares. Color us impressed.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made a cameo appearance on this weekend’s Saturday Night Live wearing his signature, Members Only-like fleece. He joked that blue pullover, embroidered with his name and title, has fused to his skin since he’s been wearing it so much. Christie also got to meet his impressionist, Bobby Moynihan, and posted a picture of the pair (obviously wearing matching fleeces) on his Tumblr.
Fresh off the release of his record-breaking film, Daniel Craig and made a surprise visit to British troops serving in Afghanistan. The James Bond star presented a special screening of Skyfall to soldiers at Camp Bastion in the Helmand province.
Photo via White House/Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.