- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
Buzzed: The weekend in pics and pecs
Canada and Channing Tatum, respectively, plus Euro 2012 recap reels
While we’re busy recovering from seeing Magic Mike, let’s take a look at three things that buzzed online this weekend.
Between the start of the National Hockey League’s free agent frenzy and celebrating its birthday, Canada had just a few reasons to chug all the Molson Canadian beers until they threw up. I mean, obviously after politely asking where the toilets were, cleaning up said mess, and then quietly excusing themselves in a sheepish manner.
A search on Hashgram for #CanadaDay reveals that Canadians are just like us! They have firework displays, show off their national colors, and that they also buy tacky decorative plates from Party City. So, in honor of Canada Day, here is the most Canadian picture we’ve found. It’s precious. Note the guy’s T-shirt.
Spain reigns at Euro 2012
If you were paying attention to Twitter on Sunday, people were very excited about Spain’s soccer team routing Italy, 4-0, in the finals of the European Football Championship. Twitter was so excited about Spain’s second consecutive win that they created an incomprehensible graph modeled after those dumb (but colorful!) sand creations you used to make in elementary school. The most astute observation in the blog post was Team Twitter declaring that there was a spike of tweets during goals.
Anyway, here is a highlight reel all of four goals if you’re itching for a Euro fix. Remember, Olympic soccer begins later this month if you’re missing a reason to pretend to care about the sport.
Magic Mike’s well-endowed debut
Glamorized thong commercial Magic Mike finally debuted this weekend to a $40 million opening, which is just slightly less than what we would pay Channing Tatum for a private show. If you missed Gothamist’s myth-busting exposé on what strippers don’t do like the guys did in the movie, read it now. Male strippers don’t eat pancakes, they rarely drink, and they thought Matthew McConaughey’s legs weren’t all that.
Dig through the Magic Mike tag on Tumblr to see the GIFs we can’t post and the Matt Bomer/Boner jokes that are too terrible to acknowledge, but we’ll leave you with this one.
Photo via Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.