- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus 7 Years Ago
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Today 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Today 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Today 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Today 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Today 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Today 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Today 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Today 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Today 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Today 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Today 11:46 AM
- 27 senators call on Trump to fire Stephen Miller Today 11:13 AM
- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK Today 10:39 AM
Buzzed: Beyoncé, Jenni Rivera, and Bush
Beyoncé and Jay-Z went to Art Basel, and Twitter mourned the loss of Jenni Rivera.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
A slew of celebrities took to Twitter to share their condolences about Jenni Rivera, a Mexican-American singer who died in a plane crash Sunday. She was one of the most respected singers to continually top the Latin music charts and recently signed a television deal with ABC. She was 43 years old.
During this weekend’s KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, Gwen Stefani joined her husband, Bush singer Gavin Rossdale, and sang “Glycerine,” one of the band’s biggest hits. The rock-and-roll power couple holds this concert in a special place in their hearts, as they met 17 years ago at the annual show for the Los Angeles radio station.
On Tumblr and Instagram
American royalty and apparent Gallery Girls fans Beyoncé and Jay-Z stopped by Art Basel in Miami this weekend. The pair looked perfect per usual as they hobnobbed at various parties, including artist Jose Perla’s book party, from which Paper magazine posted pictures to their Tumblr.
Photo via Beyoncé/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.