- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Today 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Today 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Today 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Today 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Today 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Today 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Today 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Today 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Today 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Today 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Today 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Today 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Today 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Today 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Today 9:00 AM
Beyoncé and Jay-Z went to Art Basel, and Twitter mourned the loss of Jenni Rivera.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
A slew of celebrities took to Twitter to share their condolences about Jenni Rivera, a Mexican-American singer who died in a plane crash Sunday. She was one of the most respected singers to continually top the Latin music charts and recently signed a television deal with ABC. She was 43 years old.
During this weekend’s KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, Gwen Stefani joined her husband, Bush singer Gavin Rossdale, and sang “Glycerine,” one of the band’s biggest hits. The rock-and-roll power couple holds this concert in a special place in their hearts, as they met 17 years ago at the annual show for the Los Angeles radio station.
On Tumblr and Instagram
American royalty and apparent Gallery Girls fans Beyoncé and Jay-Z stopped by Art Basel in Miami this weekend. The pair looked perfect per usual as they hobnobbed at various parties, including artist Jose Perla’s book party, from which Paper magazine posted pictures to their Tumblr.
Photo via Beyoncé/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.