- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest 7 Years Ago
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media Today 8:22 AM
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water Today 7:00 AM
- The view of Prime Day from Amazon’s warehouse strike Today 6:30 AM
- Conspiracy theorists think underground nukes are to blame for California’s earthquakes Today 6:30 AM
- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
Beyoncé and Jay-Z went to Art Basel, and Twitter mourned the loss of Jenni Rivera.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
A slew of celebrities took to Twitter to share their condolences about Jenni Rivera, a Mexican-American singer who died in a plane crash Sunday. She was one of the most respected singers to continually top the Latin music charts and recently signed a television deal with ABC. She was 43 years old.
During this weekend’s KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, Gwen Stefani joined her husband, Bush singer Gavin Rossdale, and sang “Glycerine,” one of the band’s biggest hits. The rock-and-roll power couple holds this concert in a special place in their hearts, as they met 17 years ago at the annual show for the Los Angeles radio station.
On Tumblr and Instagram
American royalty and apparent Gallery Girls fans Beyoncé and Jay-Z stopped by Art Basel in Miami this weekend. The pair looked perfect per usual as they hobnobbed at various parties, including artist Jose Perla’s book party, from which Paper magazine posted pictures to their Tumblr.
Photo via Beyoncé/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.