- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
- Are these tweets about ‘The Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? Wednesday 10:45 AM
Last month, Adult Swim was called out on its abysmal gender imbalance, causing executive VP Mike Lazzo to dig himself deeper with a comment about women not liking “conflict.” One former female employee was told women in the writers’ room might be a distraction.
If you are a straight white man you must actually help others and take action and not just say that you support them. Tweeting isn’t enough
— Brett Gelman (@brettgelman) November 14, 2016
Gelman also responded to criticism of Adult Swim’s new show Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace, which, according to BuzzFeed, was shaped by alt-right trolls. Over the weekend, director and Eric Andre Show editor Andrew DeYoung called out the show as well.
Tim Heidecker tweeted out his support for Gelman, but said he will continue to work with Adult Swim and push for more inclusion.
Gelman told Splitsider: “I don’t begrudge anybody for continuing to work with them, especially my friends of color. But I do think it’s time, especially for the powerful white liberal men—and I am not powerful—but for us to do something. For white liberal men it’s easy, so take that easiness and fucking do something.”
Adult Swim declined to comment at this time. We’ve reached out to Gelman for comment.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.