- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE 5 Years Ago
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
YouTube star Brendan Jordan gets an American Apparel modeling deal
Brendan Jordan is the American Apparel model of our dreams.
When 15-year-old Brendan Jordan posed his way into our hearts in the background of a local news clip, it was only a matter of time before a brand got involved in supporting this budding star.
Now, Jordan is in an ad for American Apparel that shows him posing in an assortment of bright and playful outfits, along with a blurb about him that includes the company’s reason for featuring him.
We were inspired by Brendan after seeing his fearless act of spontaneity and applaud his efforts with the LGBTQ community. His favorite styles of ours include the Clear PVC Circle Skirt and anything high-waisted.
Jordan has amassed a large social media following since the video appeared in October, with his YouTube account gaining 49,441 followers, and his Twitter followers topping 36,000. On all his accounts he’s extremely frank. His first video he lets us know his Sugar Daddy is Jesus, shows off an impressive platform heel, and answers the question “are you gay?” with an exhausted eye roll.
We’re definitely happy to see someone like Jordan modeling American Apparel attire, especially compared to its normal half-naked fare.
Photo courtesy of American Apparel | Remix by Jason Reed
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.