- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
YouTube star Brendan Jordan gets an American Apparel modeling deal
Brendan Jordan is the American Apparel model of our dreams.
When 15-year-old Brendan Jordan posed his way into our hearts in the background of a local news clip, it was only a matter of time before a brand got involved in supporting this budding star.
Now, Jordan is in an ad for American Apparel that shows him posing in an assortment of bright and playful outfits, along with a blurb about him that includes the company’s reason for featuring him.
We were inspired by Brendan after seeing his fearless act of spontaneity and applaud his efforts with the LGBTQ community. His favorite styles of ours include the Clear PVC Circle Skirt and anything high-waisted.
Jordan has amassed a large social media following since the video appeared in October, with his YouTube account gaining 49,441 followers, and his Twitter followers topping 36,000. On all his accounts he’s extremely frank. His first video he lets us know his Sugar Daddy is Jesus, shows off an impressive platform heel, and answers the question “are you gay?” with an exhausted eye roll.
We’re definitely happy to see someone like Jordan modeling American Apparel attire, especially compared to its normal half-naked fare.
Photo courtesy of American Apparel | Remix by Jason Reed
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.